Monday, October 22, 2018

2018....Self Care = Renewal

I decided that 2018 would be the year I get ME back.  I would do all of the things I need to do to make sure that I am taken care of:

  • pamper myself
  • work on spiritual growth
  • emotional well-being
  • get a yearly physical including mammogram
  • maybe even start working out again
  • get back to scrapbooking 
  • read more

All of the self care I had avoided over the last few years....afterall, everyone and everything else took priority. 

What has come out of this big decision?  



I had my first mammogram where they found a hard mass in my right breast.
After a biopsy, we found out that it was a fibro-adenoma.  They tagged it during the biopsy, they plan to keep an eye on it and do another mammogram before year's end.  

I got a new prescription for eyeglasses which are now called progressives, not bi-focals.

January 7th, I stepped into a local church after not attending for years.  I felt at home immediately.  Now, it is a church that I had watched online a few times over the years, I had heard good things about it from people here and decided it was time to renew my faith.  I joined the church back in February and have jumped into serving with both feet.  I find that I feel better when I serve.  I have found joy in serving.  I joined a women's small group from church. It has been such a year for growth for me.  Sophie and I were baptized on July 1st this year.  It means so very much that she believes in God and that she accepts Jesus as her personal saviour.  Margie would be so proud.  

Friends have told me that I have my "GLOW" back and it looks good on me.  

I have not had the heart to get back to scrapbooking yet, but it is coming. I was able to go into my spare room and organize the bins a bit.  Looking at photos still hurts a little.  So, I haven't spent much time looking at photos unless they are recent photos that I took on my cell phone.  

Dating.....now dating is a totally other animal.  I don't even know where to begin with that.  But that is definitely a story for another time.  

Maybe one day....



Until then, 
BE BLESSED

~C~


No comments: